Friday 11th May
Colin Sebestyen (CSTNG-SHDWS, Movecraft, AAU) has been a working motion graphics designer for well over a decade. He has created visual design for a wide array of collaborators as diverse as Snoop Dogg, Björk, Aesop Rock, Nonagon, Lusine, and Edison. He’s the motion graphics lead at the Academy of Art University, San Francisco. His work combines the immediacy of live performance with the multidisciplinary study of design, animation, and code.
CSTNG-SHDWS definition statement:
• There will be no sampling of extant media.
• Live video feeds will only be utilized with extreme caution.
• Every moment must have equal components of digital and analog.
• Projection mapping is interesting …for someone else to do. This work embraces the frame.
• 4:3 is beautiful.
• Pixel sculptures are defined from the carving of darkness.
• The need for more layers will not be satisfied, even when the number is in the hundreds.
• What is this work? Visalism? VJing? Video art? Installation? Live Data Visualism? No, this work is Design.
Workshop – Creating AV with Maxon Cinema 4D
Friday 11th May
Come learn the powerful audio/visual possibilities working with Maxon Cinema 4D software! In this workshop, instructor Colin Evoy Sebestyen will guide you through the basics, and then dive into the powerful mograph module series of tools. This culminates in the use of the flexible and easy to use “Sound Effector” in the latest release of C4D. With hands-on demos and dozens of practical examples, Colin will focus on creating tightly synchronized audio/visual content.